Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mushroom Stuffed Chicken


Note the Cucumber Tomato Salad from here

I adore mushrooms!

8 oz pkg mushrooms, sliced (or more if like me, you can't get enough of them)
half an onion, diced
spices
handful of mozzarella cheese
2 Chicken breasts
bread crumbs
flour
egg, beaten

Saute the mushrooms and the onion in a little bit of olive oil for 10 min.  Remove pan from heat.  Throw in a few cloves minced garlic and 1/2 tsp thyme.  Grind in some salt and pepper.  Throw in a handful of mozzarella cheese.

Slit chicken breasts in half lengthwise through the thickest part of the chicken and stuff the chicken with the mushrooms.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Dredge the chicken in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.  Brown in a hot skillet coated with olive oil for a few minutes on both sides (until starting to brown).  Bake at 350 for 15-20 min. 

This was a keeper.  My husband and I shared a chicken breast and we have one left over for later this week - I never complain if I don't have to cook later in the week because I get to eat something delicious twice!

3 comments:

  1. I have noticed a dearth of true yummies (desserts) on your blog. So, I propose that on the 10th of every month or every quarter or maybe just on June 10th you should have a true delectable dessert type entry.

    By the way, I am looking for a fabulous rosemary baked chicken breast recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mushroom celebration day? I think it needs to happen. Also what are your feelings on portabellos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious, of course. And a celebratory day should happen. Maybe in a few weeks. I'm not cooking much for dinner right now.

    ReplyDelete