Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pan Fried Ravioli with Tomatoes




Beat together: 2 Tbsp water with 1 egg

Mix together: 3/4 C panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), 1/4 C parmigiana cheese

Dip fresh ravioli (9-oz package) into eggs then crumbs.

Heat a large skillet with some olive oil.  Add half the ravioli to the pan, saute 1 or 2 minutes per side (or until golden brown).  Remove cooked ravioli and repeat with second half of ravioli.  Remove from pan.

Throw 4 C chopped tomatoes (again, I wish I had done more - I never seem to have enough tomatoes in pasta dishes) in the pan.  Grind some salt and pepper over tomatoes.  Cook 3 minutes.  Add 3 cloves minced garlic.  Throw ravioli in with the tomatoes and serve.


This was super tasty - sometimes I feel like I say that about all food.  But it's true.  Every time. . . . Maybe I just really like eating.

Original Recipe from Cooking Light Sep 2010 Magazine by Julianna Grimes and Vanessa T. Pruett

No comments:

Post a Comment