Monday, September 12, 2011

Grilled Romaine


This is one of those times where I'm not sure I can take any credit for this delicious "salad".  Geoff is the grill master and while I can usually at least boast cutting up things to put on the grill, I didn't even do that because I was on some really exciting medication that made my whole body shake and jitter.  Brand new fancy-dancy sharp knife and shaking and jittering didn't seem like a good combination so Geoff even cut the lettuce in half.  I at least brushed it with olive oil and salt and pepper.  Does that count for anything?

Grilled Romaine:
Cut a romaine heart in half.  Leave the bottom stump (or whatever it's called) in tact for both halves.  Brush the cut sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Grill cut side down for a few minutes until starting to get lightly charred in places (just a few minutes).  Remove from grill.  We served with croutons, asiago caesar dressing, and a little parmesan cheese.

Absolutely delicious.  If you don't own a grill (mom!) it's worth buying one just for this.

1 comment: