Friday, September 2, 2011

Black Bean Luau


Delicious and super easy to make!  Our proportions were off - I had extra rice but I threw it all in because who really follows recipes.

Combine:
20 oz Pineapple chunks, drained
15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 C cooked rice
1 1/2 C chicken, cooked and shredded
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 C celery, diced
1/2 C green onion, diced (we used red because that's what I had on hand)

Dressing:
1/2 C honey Dijon salad dressing

I didn't want to buy salad dressing for this so I made my own that turned out delicious:

Whisk the following together:
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
1/4 C honey
1/4 C vinegar
Salt and pepper

While whisking constantly, slowly pour in 1/3 C olive oil

1 comment:

  1. Ooh this looks tasty. Also it gives me ideas regarding pineapple because Ted and I bought a whole bunch of canned pineapple, telling ourselves we would eat it daily. A year has passed, and we still have a whole bunch of canned pineapple.

    ReplyDelete