Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Foccacia Bread

We had already eaten over half of the bread when I realized I hadn't taken a picture.  The other half of the bread had tomato slices on top which were amazing - wish I had enough tomatoes for the whole thing.


I wanted to make some sort of delicious bread using my rosemary plant to go with our salad dinner last night.  I found this recipe on allrecipes.com here and it was perfect.  I could have eaten the whole thing myself!

1 Tbsp honey
2 C warm water
1 Tbsp yeast
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 C onions, diced
5-6 C flour
1 Tbsp salt

3 Tbsp olive oil
Fresh chopped rosemary
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Freshly ground salt

Dissolve honey in warm water and sprinkle yeast over the top.  Let stand for 5 minutes until yeast begins to foam.  Combine with 1 Tbsp olive oil, onions, 5 C flour and 1 Tbsp salt.  Beat with dough hook, adding flour as necessary to get a smooth and elastic dough.  Lightly oil a large bowl.  Place the dough in the bowl, turning to coat with oil, cover with a damp cloth and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in volume (~20 min)

Spread dough onto oiled cookie sheet or jelly roll sheet.  Use tips of fingers to make indentations all over the dough.  Drizzle with 3 Tbsp olive oil.  Sprinkle with rosemary, Parmesan cheese, and salt.  Let rise for 10 minutes.

Bake at 415 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment