Monday, June 20, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies


While making these, and tragically not eating any cookie dough due to the little one inside me, I made a decision.  Baby magazine gurus always talking about coming up with a "Birthing Plan".  I think they actually want you to come up with a plan for labor, but I came up with what I consider to be a critical part of my Birthing Plan:  I want chocolate chip cookie dough at some point after giving birth.  I'm not saying I need it immediately afterwards ("Baby's out, where's my cookie dough?"), but sometime before I leave the hospital, at least.  My husband has been informed. . . . He thinks I'm crazy.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 C butter, softened
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 C flour
2 C chocolate chips

Beat butter, sugars, and baking soda together (yes, I thought this was a weird time to put in baking soda, but I followed the directions - against my better judgement - and they turned out really good).  Add eggs and vanilla.  Gradually beat in flour.  DO NOT OVER BEAT.  Stir in chocolate.

Dough will be rather sticky.  Throw it in the fridge for 30 minutes and it will become a little more manageable.  Drop with spoons onto ungreased sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, I've been on a chocolate chip cookie quest this whole past month of June. Yours look mighty tasty to me. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweets-for-saturday-23.html

    ReplyDelete