Saturday, November 20, 2010

Tex-Mex Confetti Pizza

This pizza is too pretty to not post about, but was sadly missing something.  I haven't determined exactly what yet, but I want to put the picture up anyways.




We tossed corn, black beans, and tomatoes with olive oil, smoked paprika, and salt.  And then crumbled queso fresco on top of that.  After it baked I garnished it with fresh cilantro.  It needed more salt and the cilantro helped, but it was still missing something.  Avocado (garnish after cooking)?  Less smoked paprika and some fajita seasonings instead?  Those might have helped.

A note about Smoked Paprika:  I have never used smoked paprika.  In fact, I went out and bought some just for this recipe because I had read in a cooking magazine that smoked paprika can give any food the flavor of bacon.  I couldn't resist a spice that tastes like bacon.  Who could?  So I bought some and tried this recipe.  And I am forced to disagree.  Smoked paprika does not taste like bacon.  Very unfortunate because if it did, it would have become my new favorite spice.  (Imagine: tasting bacon without the fat!  But alas, it was just a dream.)

No comments:

Post a Comment