Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hello World!

Every so often people have told me that I should start a blog. My prompt reply was always "Why? What do I do that is worth writing about and who would want to read it?" Recently, though, I have been eating some really delicious food and after each delightful meal, I think, "I should email this recipe to my mom, to Anna, to Po, to . . ." and on and on the list goes. But that's kind of presumptuous, to just email someone a recipe. It's assuming they also like food, like mushrooms, and immediately will hop in the car to buy the missing ingredient so they can also eat what I am eating.
 
Then last week, while digesting some pumpkin soup, I thought about the inherent self-focused qualities of a blog and realized that it could be the avenue for my recipe sharing. I can selfishly take web space to share what's so great about me (or I should say my kitchen). And then, if people don't want to read it or cook it, they can. I won't fill up email boxes after every meal but can still send recipes into the void for all (or none) to enjoy.

1 comment: