Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pumpkin Bars

 These were super yummy, though didn't taste as strongly of pumpkin as I had hoped.

2 C flour
1 1/2 C sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cloves (I didn't have any and didn't want to run to the store so I used ground nutmeg)
4 eggs
15 oz can pumpkin
1 C oil

Stir together all dry ingredients.  Add eggs, pumpkin, and oil until combined.  I added a handful (or 4) of chocolate chips, because why not?  Spread in an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.  (I didn't have a jelly roll pan - something I keep meaning to buy, so I used a 9x13.  It would be better in the jelly roll, I think, because it would be thinner).  Bake at 350 for 25-30 min.  Cool and top with Cream Cheese Frosting:

Beat 4 oz cream cheese with 1/4 C soft butter and 1 tsp vanilla.  Gradually beat in 2 1/2 -3 C powdered sugar.

Delicious!

Original Recipe from The Ultimate Cookie Book

1 comment:

  1. yummers! I love pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting.

    ReplyDelete