Monday, July 11, 2011

Enchiladas

It looks like a serious amount of cheese on top (and it probably is) but there are also quite a few orange bell peppers, but in the picture, they just look like more cheese.


Dearest Caroline,
I would love the recipe for enchiladas that I think I ate with you and your sister Annette freshman year.  It was your birthday and we went over to your sisters for dinner, I think.  In the meantime, I ate these enchiladas - a much more unhealthy version I am sure.  They were absolutely delicious, but I'd like to try your recipe which I am sure is better for me.
Love,
Tiffany

We had leftover chicken from grilling earlier this week.  It was fantastic.  I think we should have leftover chicken on a regular basis because it makes throwing dinners together so much easier.  On one day we used the leftover chicken on a BBQ chicken pizza and the next day I shredded the chicken and made some delicious enchiladas!  It was a wonderful meal week.

Olive Oil
1/2 C chopped green onions
1/2 tsp garlic powder
4 oz can diced green chiles
10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 C sour cream
1 1/2 C shredded cooked chicken
1 C shredded cheese, divided
6 10-inch flour tortillas
1/4 C milk
red peppers
lettuce, shredded

Saute green onions in olive oil until tender.  Add garlic.  Stir in green chilies, soup, spices, and sour cream.  Reserve 3/4 of this sauce and set aside.  Add chicken and 1/2 C cheese to the remaining 1/4 of the sauce in the pan.  Stir until cheese is melted.  Fill each tortilla with chicken mixture and roll up.  Place seam side down in greased 9x13 baking dish.

In a small bowl, combine the resreved 3/4 of the sauce with milk.  Spoon mixture over tortillas.  Top with 1/2 C cheese and red peppers.

Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.

Serve with lettuce.


And a visit from Po!  Thanks Po, I'm so glad you could come (and thanks Ted for sharing her).  Tina and I will miss you until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! A letter to me?! Geepers I feel special! I will send you the recipe STAT. As well as another enchilada keeper- the inside is a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw sweet Tina! Miss you and your parents!

    Po

    ReplyDelete