Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Baked Banana Oatmeal

Today I read a blog post from my delightful sister-in-law and instantly thought of a few favorite "muffin" recipes.  And since I've been taking pictures of food for months with the good intention of one day blogging again, I even had a photo of these muffins.




3 mashed bananas, the riper the better
1 C vanilla almond milk (or use normal milk and a few Tbsp brown sugar to sweeten)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 or more grated carrots (I do as many as I think I can get away with)
1 Tbsp oil
3 C oats (I use about 2 1/2 C old-fashioned oats and 1/2 C oat flour)
1 Tbsp baking powder
Chocolate chips (a small handful - I probably end up with about 1/3 C)

Combine bananas, milk, eggs,  vanilla, carrots, and oil.  Add oats and baking powder.  Stir in chocolate chips to taste.  Drop into well greased muffin tins.  Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.  Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes.  Remove from pan and cool on racks.  Enjoy!

Part of my lack of blogging is due to this adorable little girl: 




She was born February 6th, weighing in at a mighty 5 lb 12 oz.  And while Isaac my be indifferent (at best) regarding her, I love her to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment