Thursday, May 17, 2012

Popcorn Trail Mix

No posts for awhile.  I have really good excuses though.  1st - we have been eating (and therefore cooking) but nothing has been quite up to snuff.  The falafel was missing something, the red pesto pasta wasn't quite delectable enough, and the eggplant dish will never be made again (and is making me rethink eggplant in general).  2nd - after a temperature of 103 and a trip to the doctor, we were told Baby had hand, foot, and mouth virus and an ear infection.  A week later when Geoff and I both got antibiotics for strep, we now wonder if Baby actually had strep rather than hand, foot, and mouth.  In any case, he has been eating amoxysauce (apple sauce mixed with amoxicillin).  Good thing none of us are allergic to penicillin.  3rd - I forgot to take pictures of cookies that were so marvelous they knocked my socks off.  So next time I'll take pictures and post the recipe.  Until then, I hope you're comfortable in your socks.

So, this post is perhaps a sad excuse for a post.  But I've decided I need to put together healthy snacks for myself and this was this weeks mixture:


Air popped popcorn, lightly salted if you want, almonds, chopped dried apricot, craisins, and sunflower seeds.  Snack away with no guilt.

And finally, Little Boy is starting to sit and he really, really wants to crawl.  It's coming.  Once he figures out what to do now that he's up on all fours.


3 comments:

  1. Oh look at the excitement in his eyes! He knows he will soon be fully mobile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute picture. He looks so bright-eyed and bushy-tailed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And covered in slobber - don't forget the slobber

      Delete